Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development charity with a vision for a “world without poverty” and a mission to “bring people together to fight poverty”.
VSO wanted to produce a striking magazine mailing, to engage supporters and donors with the ongoing successes of the charity, but were looking for advice and guidance on creating a cost-effective pack that didn’t sacrifice impact. Following a lengthy tender process Propack were successfully awarded the 12-month contract to produce and mail VSO’s all-new KIN Magazine.
- Challenge conventional formats whilst achieving efficiency for 44k recipients.
- Use our postal expertise to achieve maximum Postal Discounts.
- Achieve ‘Zero-rating’ for VAT by satisfying the ‘Package Test’ criteria.
- Devise an effective donation mechanism to maximise fundraising.
Propack’s charity-specific advice and fine-tuning contributed to the success of this striking campaign both economically and in the response it achieved from recipients:
- Working closely with KIN and their creative agency, we produced a visually stunning mail pack, with maximum impact.
- Created a bespoke outer envelope that incorporated a window to enable us to achieve the optimum mail sort postal discounts (£3488 saved over previous postage costs).
- Advised on amending the pack format to enable it to qualify for ‘Zero-rating’ for VAT – this saved our client £3847.